Monday, June 15, 2009

Its been a long time. I shouldn't have left you.

Its been a long time since i last updated my blog. In fact, the last update was almost a year ago when I was in NYC seeing Madonna with my cousin Josh. I never did upload pictures of the show. Well, in case you wanted to see them, right now you are shit out of luck. My flickr account just expired and if i didn't have to pay $1100 dollars to move into my new jank apartment. I'd renew it and have access to the photographs. Oh well... you missed out.

Anyways, a lot has changed. Im not the same skinny boy i once was. In fact, im a cow. Psh, i gained 25 lbs since last September. But whateves, I have decided to train for a marathon (or at least act like I am). You see, all my friends are getting into shape and since I am now 23, i should do the same. I will keep you posted on that endeavor. I start tomorrow and im not excited. I hate running :(

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did help build a house on Saturday for Habitat For Humanity. I am the Volunteer coordinator at Eastern Michigan University and i decided to take several students to Monroe MI to help build a home.



Now......... i learned a lot on this trip. Number one being that I do not like going on a roof of a house. NOPE.... Not for me! Here is a lovely picture of myself ("the fat-bucket of yuck" (1)) "ACTING" like im hammering a nail into the roof.



You see, there was no nail in my hand. In fact, i sat in one spot with a tight grip on the roof. Im a 23 year old pansy, when it comes to shit like that. When i decided i was "over it" i required assistants to get down. Im not ashamed, it was a high roof and you'd do the same. On the way towards the ladder I had a conversation with the "trained" roof builder (or whatever you call them). It went something like this....
Roof Builder: Be careful getting down and coming back up.
Me: Im not coming back up, someone else can build the roof.
Roof Builder: Don't you want to know how? What if your roof leaks?
Me: Nope... Im gonna be a doctor.
Roof Builder: Well, even a doctors roof will leak.
Me: Then i will pay someone to fix it...
Roof Builder: What are you going to do on the ground?
Me: I don't know, build a picture frame or something...

Other then the roof situation, the day was fantastic! I realized that building a house is hard work and not as easy like they make it seem on "Extreme Makeover Home Edition." OH!!.. and i did make a picture frame with Bushra!



<3

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home