Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Only Song I Long To Hear



Yesterday I attended The Vans Warped Tour in Detroit with my friends from work. Now, i was semi-reluctant to go since this years line-up blows major ass. But after the fact (or show) i am glad i had chosen to attend the tour. I'm also glad that i went because we got backstage passes!!.. but i never went backstage. My friends did tho.



They had everything there.... ranging from:
Wrestlers







Break Dancers




Skaters




and the Joker!!! (this guy was hilarious)




Actually (and shockingly), this was my very first Warped Tour (Yes, i was a Warped Tour virgin), but i am no stranger to festival type shows. I worked a both at Taste of Chaos several years ago and have been to many more. But as far as VWT... this was the first.

I went to the tour with low expectations and i really had small or no interest in the bands playing. I wanted to see Cobra Starship again. Ive seen them several times on the MTV 2 dollar bill tour years ago and i was interested in seeing how much they've musically grown. After yesterdays performance, its still safe to say I'm a fan.




I'm not a big fan of AVA. I only like a few songs, but since i had no other band to see.. i wanted to catch their show and i have to say that they where really exceptional live. I started out relatively close to the stage, but due to the staggering 95 degree weather and the overly exhausting body heat of my surrounding individuals. I had to bail that position several songs into the set for a more further away, yet cooler spot.




There where a few mishaps with the mic and at one point Tom completely dropped it and focused on engaging himself with the audience. Overall, it was a swell performance. It makes me wish i had not sold my signed CD cover on eBay last year :/.......................... o'well.




I also had the chance to check out Katy Perry's set. If you don't know who she is, she happens to be the individual who sings that "i kissed a girl" song. I have to say, i wasn't to impressed by her set. Other than her looks (i was far away) she didn't do anything for me. Her music isn't my type. But one of my friends, Katelyn, wanted to check out Katy's set and i had no other band to see... that i happily obliged to go with her.




............BUT BY FAR...............

Id have to say that "Say Anything" had the best set.





Now, i do not own any of their Cd's. I have only heard of their more popular songs in D's car or on the Internet. But i was more than willing to check out their set and i am glad that i did. They where everything (including amazing) live. Same thing involving the spot position happened during "Say Anythings" set as it did with "AVA's" set.. but i got some good pictures, enjoyed their performance, and had a good time. I would recommend seeing them live to anyone. The flamboyant lead singer, Max Bemis, puts on an incredible charismatic show.




I seen a few more bands.. none of them where to exciting, but if you want to check out more of my pictures from the show. Go to http://www.flickr.com/rdarko/sets

-PEACE-

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home